The Teams Across Cultures Approach
Becoming inter-culturally effective and achieving your
team goals takes 5 steps:
- (Re-)Setting the team targets; the reason for existence of this team!
- Identifying intercultural obstacles to be solved and successes to be built on, in step 5.
- Creating awareness about the impact of your own culture on your personal paradigms and perceptions regarding effective communication, cooperation and leadership.
- Appreciation of the values, paradigms and behaviour of the people of the other culture(s) as well as your own. The hardest thing in this is not to judge!
- Achieving team results by bringing cultural differences into a dynamic harmony
without compromising yourself and causing discomfort within the group.